February 5, 2006

Why DO we buy so many toys???


I was catching up on some of my favorite blogs today, when one of Busy Mom's posts reminded me of a question I often ask myself: Why do we buy so many toys, when it's the everyday household items that seem to get the biggest kicks?

In the last few months I've posted about the kids playing in and with tupperware, dirt, food, toilet paper, a potty seat, a chair etc.

To drive the point home, here are a few photos of our oldest playing in boxes, and our second-born in of all things, a laundry detergent bucket.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could it be that it's the Dad that likes the toys :)?

Sleep-Deprived said...

You're right Jay, especially when it comes to OUTSIDE toys, especially if you can shoot them...such as water guns, rocket launchers, planes, rockets, guns, shooters, planes, balls, oh and did I mention planes!!!!