May 22, 2006

Setting a Bad Example

About once a month, my friend and I meet for lunch with our boys at a mall that is half-way between our homes (picture two adults and five boys ages 5,4,3,2,& 8 mos - there is also an 8 year old when school is out). At one point, I talked with the two oldest boys about something they were doing that was setting a bad example for the younger boys. It wasn't a big deal, just a quick conversation.

Apparently the conversation wasn't quite as discreet as I thought. Yesterday morning I overheard my two-year-old acting out the following exchange between two of his Hot Wheels:

Blue car: "you're setting a bad example" (it then bumps into the black car)
Black car: "you're setting a bad example"
(for the full conversation, repeat above non-stop for about 5 minutes).

No comments: